In March 2017, the Ottawa Real Estate Board predicted that the Ottawa real estate market will see a competitive spring season this year and encourages sellers to list their home to capitalize on the spring market. Ottawa residents have enjoyed an overall positive trajectory in the real estate market over the past year, and according to Rick Eisert, the President of the Ottawa Real Estate Board, “numbers continue to indicate a positive trend for Ottawa as a whole”. 
February Real Estate in Ottawa Summary
- 2,066 homes were listed in February, over 25% more than in January.
- 233 condominium property class and 777 residential property class were sold in February.
- The average sale price of a residential property in Ottawa in February was $417,374.
- The average sale price of a condominium property in Ottawa in February was $258,397.
- The condominium class accounted for 54% of the market
- 392 properties were rented through the Ottawa Real Estate Board in February
The numbers in the Ottawa real estate market this past February inspire a continued prediction that the spring real estate market in Ottawa will be strong. As such, Rick Eisert ascertains that
“Now is a great time to list your home in anticipation of the increase in buyer interest in the Spring that will pick up as early as March”.
If you are seeking any kind of support in listing your home, purchasing a new home or learning more about the Ottawa real estate market, please contact our team of expert Realtors® at Royal LePage Performance Realty today to learn more.